Corona Virus updateFrom Saturday 6th June:
- Caldecotte South and North Lakes and the Boat Compound are open for use by private boat owners and members who have been assigned a club boat for their exclusive use.
- A booking system is available, with the purpose of allowing members to 'buddy up' and to restrict the number of members present to 6.
- Booking a session requires prior confirmation that the latest version of the Procedure for rowing during the pandemic (1.6.2020) has been read and agreed to
- Rowing is subject to the conditions and your ability to row safely, as there will be no launch on the water at any time. In the case of capsize, it is the responsibility of the rower to self-rescue.
- The boathouse, clubhouse, changing rooms, training bay and toilets remain closed. There will be no club activities or organised training at this time.
- Social distancing should be strictly observed, and there should be no congregation in groups of more than 6.
- As there is no access to hand washing facilities, rowers must bring hand sanitiser/wipes to maintain good hand hygiene and reduce the risk of contamination via touch points
Welcome to Milton Keynes Rowing ClubMilton Keynes Rowing Club (MKRC) is based at Caldecotte Lake on the south side of the city, at the Water Sports Centre on Monellan Grove (map at the bottom of this page). We share access to the lake (which gives us around a 1 kilometre straight run) and a clubhouse with the Milton Keynes Sailing and Canoe Clubs.
We have an active Summer and Winter Programme of rowing with races, events and training schedules, weekends and mid-week, as well as social functions. This covers both water training (rowing and sculling) and land based training (circuits and rowing machines).
Membership is varied and we encourage all levels of rowing and sculling ability, from experienced rowers to complete newcomers to the sport (for whom we run Learn to Row courses). We welcome people of all ages and abilities, from complete beginners through to experienced, competitive rowers. We also welcome supporters who perhaps may wish to take their rowing a little less seriously or just help with the club's activities and have now introduced a Recreational Rowing squad.
If you do intend dropping in, please check our race schedule first, to make sure we will be there!
To find out more about the club, please do browse the site - to find directions to the club, please see the map at the bottom of the page
Boat ShedIt's finally here, after many years of fund raising and a huge effort fromt he club members, we finally have our own, purpose built boat shed!!! To see how it progressed, please see this amazing video
Boat shed video
European Masters GOLDYet another stunning performance by a MKRC rowers, this time Helen Marshall, who took GOLD at the European Masters' Regatta in Munich. In the inaugural Women Masters B Lightweight category, her time of 4:32.17 was enough to put her at the head of the field, adding to her collection of titles. She missed out on a second gold by just 0.2 seconds in the C category as well!
World Masters GOLD for MKRC - againFollowing on from the last two years where Milton Keynes Rowing Club have returned from the World Rowing Masters Regatta with Gold medals, we again managed the feat at this year's event in Bled, Slovenia. This time it was Paula Heywood and Karen Wilson in a composite Women's Eight (with York and Leicester) coxed by Club Captain Chris Wilson who delivered the GOLD MEDAL performances. This was backed up by a really strong performance from the other crews, taking an amazing six second places, mixing it with the best masters rowers in the world.
Where we trainTo see where we train, see this stunning video, taken by our Chair's husband, Barry Rivett
2015 RegattaThere's also another brilliant video, taken at the 2015 MKRC Regatta
Club Sponsors and Supporters
We'd like to thank the following companies and organisations for their support to the club, helping us grow and establish ourselves. If you'd like to join them, please see the Sponsorship page
Support the club
A simple way to help support the club is to use the link on this page whenever you buy anything from Amazon. Just by going to Amazon by clicking this link will mean that we get 5% of your order value and it won't cost you anything! Using the easyfundraising link also raises money - and can save you money as well
Thanks for helping support us at Milton Keynes Rowing Club