Corona Virus updateSaturday 5th September Update:
- The Lake, Boat Compound and Boathouse are fully open for use by all members, provided social distancing is maintained.
- Club Sessions: running on Monday and Thursday evenings, and Tuesday and Saturday mornings. Members are required to enter their availability on the main Planner page so that Captains can allocate boats and staggered arrival times. Permitted Boats: Fine & recreational singles, fine & recreational doubles, pairs, quads, coxless fours
- Outside of Club Sessions ('Shared Water Time'): Private boat owners and members having permission from the captain to use club boats may access the water. The SHARED USE tab on the Planner must be completed so that numbers are restricted and a record of participation can be maintained
- Watersports Centre: open with RESTRICTIONS
- Procedure for Rowing during Covid-19 2020_09_02 describes processes that MUST be followed by all members, and provides details of restrictions in place at the Watersports Centre.
Welcome to Milton Keynes Rowing ClubMilton Keynes Rowing Club (MKRC) is based at Caldecotte Lake on the south side of the city, at the Water Sports Centre on Monellan Grove (map at the bottom of this page). We share access to the lake (which gives us around a 1 kilometre straight run) and a clubhouse with the Milton Keynes Sailing and Canoe Clubs.
We have an active Summer and Winter Programme of rowing with races, events and training schedules, weekends and mid-week, as well as social functions. This covers both water training (rowing and sculling) and land based training (circuits and rowing machines).
Membership is varied and we encourage all levels of rowing and sculling ability, from experienced rowers to complete newcomers to the sport (for whom we run Learn to Row courses). We welcome people of all ages and abilities, from complete beginners through to experienced, competitive rowers. We also welcome supporters who perhaps may wish to take their rowing a little less seriously or just help with the club's activities and have now introduced a Recreational Rowing squad.
If you do intend dropping in, please check our race schedule first, to make sure we will be there!
To find out more about the club, please do browse the site - to find directions to the club, please see the map at the bottom of the page
Boat ShedIt's finally here, after many years of fund raising and a huge effort fromt he club members, we finally have our own, purpose built boat shed!!! To see how it progressed, please see this amazing video
Boat shed video
European Masters GOLDYet another stunning performance by a MKRC rowers, this time Helen Marshall, who took GOLD at the European Masters' Regatta in Munich. In the inaugural Women Masters B Lightweight category, her time of 4:32.17 was enough to put her at the head of the field, adding to her collection of titles. She missed out on a second gold by just 0.2 seconds in the C category as well!
World Masters GOLD for MKRC - againFollowing on from the last two years where Milton Keynes Rowing Club have returned from the World Rowing Masters Regatta with Gold medals, we again managed the feat at this year's event in Bled, Slovenia. This time it was Paula Heywood and Karen Wilson in a composite Women's Eight (with York and Leicester) coxed by Club Captain Chris Wilson who delivered the GOLD MEDAL performances. This was backed up by a really strong performance from the other crews, taking an amazing six second places, mixing it with the best masters rowers in the world.
Where we trainTo see where we train, see this stunning video, taken by our Chair's husband, Barry Rivett
2015 RegattaThere's also another brilliant video, taken at the 2015 MKRC Regatta
Club Sponsors and Supporters
We'd like to thank the following companies and organisations for their support to the club, helping us grow and establish ourselves. If you'd like to join them, please see the Sponsorship page
Support the club
A simple way to help support the club is to use the link on this page whenever you buy anything from Amazon. Just by going to Amazon by clicking this link will mean that we get 5% of your order value and it won't cost you anything! Using the easyfundraising link also raises money - and can save you money as well
Thanks for helping support us at Milton Keynes Rowing Club